Private guided tour of
The Andechs Brewery and Monestarywith private guide, brewery tour, beer tasting and boat ride on the Ammersee lake
About Andechs Brewery and Monestary
Only about 45 minute drive outside of Munich you will find one the oldest monestary's in Bavaria and Germany: Kloster Andechs. Not just the scenery will be stunning (it is located in the fields on a hill), but you will love it's old history. Most special about this place: It has a modern brewery run by the Monks which exports all around the world including the USA.
About the tour
On this 6-8 hour tour you'll experience the following highlights:
- View the monestary with it's almost 1000 year old history and impressive church
- Private brewery tour of one of the most modern artisian breweries in Germany!
- Beer tasting: We'll try the current specialties they have on tap including the Andechser Doppelbock. One the strongest beers around
- After Andechs we'll head to the charming Bavarian town of Herrsching where we'll board one the ships for a short cruise over the lake (weather and season permitting).
- Private guide and seperate driver for your group
- Safe and insured vehicles
- Guide dressed in traditional "Lederhosen"
- Entrance fees to the brewery
- Boat ride across the lake (weather permitting)
- Pick up at your hotel in Munich or Augsburg
- Taxes (where applicable)
Important to know
- I will pick you up on your timetable, but tours at the brewery will have to be reserved at confirmed times. A 9 a.m. departure is recommended.
- You have to be at least 16 years old to consume beer. Children of any ages can attend the tour though.
- Wear comfortable shoes, you will have to do some walking
- Some sites and streets are weather permitting. This is escpecially important for the lake and the boat ride.
- Cancelation policy exception: 25% of this tour are non-refundable
What's not included
- Transportation to and from the tour starting/end point
- Food & Drink (except the beer tasting)
- Other entrance fees